How can you tell if your roof has reached the end of its lifespan? Here are a few signs you should be looking for:
- Clogged vents:
A sign that penetration of water will become impossible if not taken care of.
- A leak in the attic:
If rain is penetrating through your attic, you may need to replace your flashing.
- Small holes in the ceilings:
Small holes in the ceiling can lead to leaks and discoloration.
- Cracked or missing shingles:
Indication that the shingles are nearing the end of their lifespan.
- An accumulation of excessive moth or mold growth:
A sign that shingles need to be replaced.
- Damaged gutters:
An indication that the gutters will not perform their duty.
- Missing or damaged flashing:
Leaks will be prevalent.
- Staining along exterior/interior walls:
An indication of small holes and leaks.
- Open seams or joints:
An indication that rain will pass through.
- Formation of ice dams along the roof’s edges:
An indication of small leaks.
- Collection of granules of shingles in gutters:
A sign that the shingles are wearing out.
- Sagging decks:
Leaking moisture can lead to sagging of decks.
- Blistering or peeling paint:
An indication that your attic is poorly ventilated.
- Presence of outside light in your attic:
Shingles need replacing.
Any one of these telltale signs can lead to further damage to your roof if not taken care of immediately by contacting a reputable roofing company. For further information consult Roofing Canton Michigan for quality roof inspection and professional aid.