In order to choose the best asphalt shingles for your home, you have to consider few facts including:
Grades of Asphalt Shingles and their Budget:
Asphalt shingles are available in three primary grades.
- Best: Premium, luxury or designer shingles. They are high end architectural design shingles which mimics slate, tile or shake shingles. They have the widest selection of styles and designs. Designer shingles have the highest ratings for wind, fire and impact. Also, they are very expensive and are heavier than 3-tab or dimensional.
Budget: They are for $1000 per square on average.
- Better: Dimensional roofing shingles. Also known as architectural shingles. They are currently the most installed type. They have a wide variety of colours from which you can choose easily according to your preference. Also they have a wide range of profiles each designed to fit a range of looks and budgets. They come with 20 to 50 years of warranty.
Budget: They cost around $500 per square on average.
- Good: Three-tab asphalt shingles. Also known as stripe shingles. They are affordable, linear and traditional style shingles. They have a lifespan of 20 to 30 years .Three-tab asphalt shingles have lowest fire and wind resistance.
Budget: they cost $100 per square on average.
However, it does not matter what type of asphalt shingle you choose. They all have fiberglass base mat layered along with qualities of waterproof, fire resistant and UV protectant with asphalt granule coating.
Best Styles of Asphalt Shingles:
Styles of asphalt shingles depend on your home’s style. Nowadays, the outdoor living space is trending widely, which means you could be looking at your roof more often. Whenever you choose the style and colour for your roof always keep your home resale value in mind. Avoid materials and designs that will make listing your house difficult.
Asphalt roofing shingles come with a wide range of styles and colours from which you can choose from. Some profiles are straight while others are contoured to mimic the look of random-cut natural stone tiles or hand hewn wood shakes. Some shingles have a scalloped edge. These coordinates well with Victorian-style homes.
Best Asphalt Shingle Colours:
Asphalt shingles come with a wide range of colours even the budget friendly 3 tab comes in a wide selection of colours.
- Warm, earthy tones:
If you have a home in an area which is more towards its natural blend then choose these colours. Also, these colours go well for home in a casual, rustic setting.
- Black, white and grey:
Black, white and Great combination colors go well with traditional homes and even with minimalistic home designs.
- Lighter colours:
Colors like sandy grey and dusty brown to pastel blues looks more aesthetic and gives your house a cool and fresh effect with a sense of modern style.
While choosing roof colours always keep your area’s climate in mind.
- Darker-coloured shingles:
Absorb heat and light more than lighter colours. So they are a good choice for areas that are cold.
- Humid or maritime climates:
Vulnerable to algae or moss growth. Install algae resistant shingles that help to inhibit or stop the growth moss and algae.
Look at the shingle samples in the daylight against your siding before making any decisions. For more information get in touch with your local roofing professionals. For a Free Roofing Estimate in Downriver Michigan you can call at 734-548-9919 or visit online at Downriverroofers.com